My sewing days are jinxed. Every time I pickup a UFO or new project something goes wrong. Last week I basted a quilt ready to do some straight lined machine quilting. I am not good at machine quilting but I have quilted straight lines before. So, I took ages fumbling around trying to attach the walking foot properly , put a quilting needle in and set the stitch length ready to go. Before starting I did a test run on 2 pieces of fabric with the batting in the middle and it was perfect. However, when I was quilting the actual quilt the stitches were teeny so I had to work out what was wrong. Needless to say, I put it aside in disgust. Last night I unpicked the quilting I had done and I am seriously contemplating hand quilting it instead . I may try again after Sue ( kiwi kid) suggested something when I sought her help but I need to get in the right frame of mind again.
The only thing I achieved is a bookmark which I gave to my mum. I showed you the stitching I was doing last post from Jennifer's blog and completed it during the week. Somehow I even managed to make that a bit wonky.
Ah well. Maybe this coming week will see me stitching properly.