Sunday 26 June 2022

ANOTHER HICCUP

 

My sewing days are jinxed. Every time I pickup a UFO or new project something goes wrong. Last week I basted a quilt ready to do some straight lined machine quilting. I am not good at machine quilting but I have quilted straight lines before. So, I took ages fumbling around trying to attach the walking foot properly , put a quilting needle in and set the stitch length ready to go. Before starting I did a test run on  2 pieces of fabric with the batting in the middle and it was perfect. However, when I was quilting the actual quilt the stitches were teeny so I had to work out what was wrong. Needless to say, I put it aside in disgust. Last night I unpicked the quilting I had done and I am seriously contemplating hand quilting it instead . I may try again after Sue ( kiwi kid) suggested something when I sought her help but I need to get in the right frame of mind again.


The only thing I achieved is a bookmark which I gave to my mum. I showed you the stitching I was doing last post from Jennifer's blog and completed it during the week. Somehow I even managed to make that a bit wonky. 







Ah well. Maybe this coming week will see me stitching properly. 

7 comments:

  1. I hope your next attempt at quilting goes ok for you. Your book mark is beautiful, hand made sometimes can be a bit wonky but it looks fine to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frustrating days like that are very annoying. Pretty book mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bookmark is lovely - made with love and slightly wonky go well together, but it looks good from here. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. One piece of advice I took very much to heart when I was learning to quilt was practice, practice, practice. I did, I persevered and things did get better. I hope you can over come this hiccup.
    Your bookmark is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a better week this week. I often find that one day I can quilt and the next I can't it is often dependent on how you feel! Love your pretty little bookmark! Don't give up :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty little bookmark..... we all have those days things don't seem to go right with the machine...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. How frustrating for you, Ondrea. I hope you can sort out the problem because it’s so satisfying finishing a quilt.
    Love your bookmark!!

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...