Saturday 18 June 2022

NOT MUCH DONE

 

My dear hubby gave me a present a few days ago....his cold. It was the gift that kept on giving . I am almost over it now but I lost my voice for a day, had a massive migraine the next and there was no way I could achieve much stitching while one eye was swollen closed and my nose was constantly running. However, before I came down with the cold and after Little Lucy wouldn't play nicely and I put her aside again, I was determined to pin baste another UFO. 




(Apologies for the ugly toes )

I prepared everything I need to do some machine quilting but haven't started yet. 

I did start a little stitchery for a bookmark. It is a free design from Jennifer Reynold's blog. ( Jenny of Elefantz). Sorry, I still haven't worked out how to add a link. Jennifer has been creating free monthly bookmark designs this year and they are all really sweet.



The book that Chooky recommended was hard to put down. It is a true crime story here in Australia which is about a woman who is a very interesting but dangerous person. A really good read.




It has been difficult to sneak into my sewing room because we have a furry house guest for 2 weeks. Freya is my daughter's cat who is staying here for 2 weeks while her family are away with their caravan. She has settled in quite quickly and is getting used to a much quieter household without 2 noisy little boys running around. She has been trying to sit on my lap and was washing my hand while I was typing this. 


It is another miserable winter's day, but no rain. I am happy to have Freya sitting on my lap or stretched out on my legs to keep me warm. Stay safe.





9 comments:

  1. Hope you get rid of that cold soon. The quilt looks great and nice to have it ready to go for quilting. Jennifer's little bookmarks are lovely - I keep meaning to make a few for presents. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you have the cold now, I hope you are better soon. Your quilt looks great all ready when you feel like quilting. Lovely book mark you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very hard to avoid something like that when it is in the house. At least you are ready to go with the quilting when you feel up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you feel better soon.... good to have the quilt ready to pick up when you are...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get over your cold soon. Your stitching looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not good that you caught hubby’s cold, but how lovely to have Freya as a hot water bottle. I love your UFO! It will be good to see it once you’re finished. I love finishing UFOs…oh the relief and delight. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear you have not been feeling great Ondrea and I hope you are on the mend again now. Your latest UFO looks lovely and I hope it isn't too long before you get it quilted! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling better. Lovely stitching and happy UFO finishing xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad you enjoyed the book...........

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...