Tuesday 2 January 2024

HAPPY 2024!

 

After a very challenging 2023 for some of us I hope 2024 brings us all an abundance of good things.

Around Christmas time I was cleaning out a cupboard and found a bag of things I had bought and collected during my overseas trip way back in 2015. Now, that was a good year! I travelled with my youngest daughter for a month and later that year we had my eldest daughter 's wedding. Such fond memories. Anyhoo, in this bag I found a crosstitch bookmark kit I bought at Stonehenge. Nothing like taking over 8 years to rediscover it ! So, at long last, I started it. It is not good on the eyes but I am persevering. The instructions say to use 3 strands of thread throughout most of the crosstitch but I am using 2 strands after not being happy with the border......that shall be unpicked and redone after I finish the rest,


                  Progress so far, don't look too close lol.



                                     

                                          I have crocheted more flowers.

   




                          Cleaning up my craft room, finishing quilts then winding down from patchwork and quilting is my goal this year. I have noone to give quilts to and I can't machine quilt . I may be able to contribute with blocks for charity quilts this year instead. Now that I have rediscovered crosstitch from completing my decades old unfinished ones last year , I have been inspired to do more . I still love embroidery so I plan to still do some of that too. Smaller hobbies, less storage required. That is my aim. Let's see what actually happens. 


7 comments:

  1. Lucy in your banner is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stonehenge is looking lovely so far. I always love driving that road and seeing it in the distance. Happy New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how all those "safe places" appear during a clean up.
    Your bookmark is progressing nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great re discovery. You're having a good start to the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bookmark, looks fantastic. Sounds like this is a sorting kind of year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Ondrea. Finally catching up with blog reading. Your crocheted flowers are lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck with your down scaling plans.........

    ReplyDelete

BAT FINISH

                                 I finished the bat. I think some of the threads were thinner as some specks of aida can be seen through the...