Sunday 5 February 2023

UFO ON ITS WAY

 

Last week I showed you the cute hearts which I had completed some time ago from a kit I bought at Lynette Anderson's "  The Little Quilt Shop " which I visited while on a holiday up in Queensland. The shop only exists online now.  During the week I cut all the fabric pieces ready to make the blocks and kept individual block pieces together in this basket I often use for projects. I prefer to have everything prepared so I can easily see what needs to be pieced together. 




Late yesterday afternoon I sewed all the blocks ready to needleturn the hearts onto.




It has been so cold here that I really enjoyed sitting crocheting my blanket with it keeping my legs warm. We have the heating on! 




Week 5 of the CAL has begun and I only have 2 more rows to do for my lap sized blanket. Then I have to wait for the border instructions. 



I have almost finished sewing all the ends in and with only 2 more stripes to crochet it looks like I shall be focusing on my Woodland Secrets needleturning this week. 



7 comments:

  1. I love the pretty fabrics you are using for your backgrounds, looking forward to seeing some appliqued hearts next week. Goodness where are you Ondrea? Everyone else seems to be having very hot weather! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blanket has very pretty colours. I hope you don't have to wait too long for border and edge instructions. Have fun with your stitching. Strange that you are feeling cold and over here in NZ we're basking in record temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the look of the little hearts on that background.... and the crochet is looking great....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty stitching project. Lynette's designs are lovely. Look forward to seeing the blocks come together. Your blanket is looking great too. Such a shame that you are having cooler weather in your Summer. It dipped below zero here last night so we woke to frost but happily the sun is out now! Keep warm! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going great guns with your CAL Ondrea. Your stitchery project looks lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing the stitcheries "meet" the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blocks waiting for their hearts. Your crochet is so pretty....humid and yukky here x

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...