Sunday 29 September 2019

STITCH HAPPY


It has been a while since I picked up needle and thread due to a constant headache which lasted for over a week. Then I lost my stitching mojo and my projects , so close to being finished, were left unattended until now.  I have been fiddling with my hexie table topper borders trying to mitre the corners. I slip stitched 2 into place and have the other 2 pinned. Any ideas for the hand quilting once sandwiched?




Gee, some of those flowers disappear in that pic! Too many light value fabrics I suspect. Too late now.

This afternoon I found some Christmas stitching I had started earlier this year. Or was it last year? Hmmmm. So, I have been stitching this block the past hour or so.



And.....I finished another book. I love Philippa Gregory's books and this is her newest one which may be the 1st of a new series. I must look at her website.



Angel Blessings.


7 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea so sorry to hear that you haven't been well,sending angel hugs my friend.
    Maybe with the hexies you can hand stitch a small hexie inside ,I did that with a Lynette Anderson hexie topper and it looks fantastic,I can send you a pic if you like,hope you have a lovely evening Ondrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking how to quilt a project can be a challenge. Another pretty stitchery happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be kind to yourself my friend...rest up when you need to, and with regards to the quilting I find just leaving something sit for a while and doing something else lets my creative mind rest a bit and then a spark of inspiration comes easily. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you have had a headache for such a long time Ondrea. You must need some quiet time to just be. I am sure a quilting idea will come. Beautiful stitching you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better Ondrea. Love your hexagon table topper. I like Philippa Gregory too. I'll have to look out for this one. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to read that you have had a nasty headache. I find deciding how to quilt hexies is difficult which I why I knotted my tablecloth! Love the stitchery. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Headaches are horrible! I always am boring and quilt around the centres and flowers.....looking lovely xx

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...