Saturday 20 July 2019

WHAT A DAY !


Today was THE day. I was determined to piece more of my angel quilt. I resisted the temptation to soak up some vitamin D which I am very deficient in and ignored the rare beautiful sunny day outside.  My sewing room was warm and bright as I sewed and listened to a podcast. Now, I know I always refer to this quilt as "my angel quilt" when , infact, it is called " An Angels Story" by Anni Downs. I have had the book/pattern for years. So, here are 3 more blocks completed.





Well, you know how things sometimes go very right and you feel like you are getting somewhere? That was me this afternoon. I was so enthused that I nearly finished sewing the whole quilt together. Only one little bit left to sew there between 2 parts.


And then it happened! A surge of confidence lead to sewing that final bit and voila!


Not a great pic but you get the idea. Lol, ignore my munchkin's train in the background. I was balancing on the sofa trying to get an overhead shot.

This morning after doing the necessary household tasks like cleaning the shower and doing the washing , I sat and did some more crochet. My Dune lap blanket is about two thirds finished.


I have been eating too much of contraband food lately and subsequently had another gastritis attack a few days ago. Self inflicted. So, this morning I made myself a yummy slice with ingredients I can safely eat. I have made it several times and altered the original recipe to suit me. 




Thankyou for visiting. 

Angel Blessings.





4 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea oh my your Angel story quilt looks unreal,I love it,what beautiful work,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when everything goes according to plan and you can get so much achieved. What a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo!!! Well done you! Your Angel quilt looks fantastic, so proud of you!!! Your slice looks good, hope you are feeling much better. Your crochet is growing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see your angels all together - the top looks gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete

CROSSTITCHING

  I have enjoyed more stitching time making my tree of hearts bloom and grow.  Now that I have found a way of rediscovering my stitching moj...