Tuesday 22 January 2019

INSPIRATION AND CREATIVITY


It is that time again joining in Jenny's link up.  This week we ponder our inspiration for creativity in every day things.  Do we take the time to really look at things around us? I have always called this "mindfulness" .  My first awareness that I can recall was when I was a child sleeping at my grandparents'. I would wake up in the morning and see the wardrobe on the wall directly opposite me. The woodgrain fascinated me as I could distinctly see a tree man on each door. It never scared me, just intrigued me. I also loved lying on the grass looking up at the sky and seeing shapes of things in the clouds. I still love doing that. Even the floorboards in my home stimulate my imagination . I have a duck, an eel and even a sad emu's face!

I love the passionfruit flower with its intricate design by nature.


Jenny also mentions how paintings tell us a story. Since I was 15 years old I loved Salvadore Dali's surrealism. I was totally awe struck how he managed to create quite weird paintings which you could also see other things in . What can you see?


I also loved Boticelli's Birth of Venus and was quite disppointed that this particular painting was not at the Louvre , Paris when I visited back in 2015.

My creativity is currently flowing despite lack of sleep and my FMS acting up with the inconsistency of our weather here.  I am only a few days behind with the CAL  and I am quite pleased with how this throw is looking .



I have started making my hexie coasters to match the table runner I made.



I had the urge to make another table topper this morning using fabrics I had bought several years ago for that purpose. Glad I remembered. Hmmm, I did iron it but apparently not well enough! Ironing is not my forte.



Before I went into sewing mode I made my special bread which is in Michael Mosley's book "  The Clever Guts Diet". 



I really don't know where my burst of energy came from considering I was up at 6.30am awoken by a house demolition a few doors behind us. I had to be up anyway as hubby had organised people to come and help in the garden and take some hard rubbish away at 7.15am! This may sound normal to you but I do not sleep much and 6.30am is often 2 or 3 hours into my sleep time. 

Sorry for the lengthy post. I appreciate your visit and wish you many

Angel Blessing.





9 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea lovely and interesting post,I love your crocheting and the beautiful colours you re making it in and well done with your table runner,such pretty fabric,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have gotten a lot done today and all so lovely too.
    Yes, the passionflower is indeed beautiful in it's design, in fact just today my husband built a frame near the pool and planted a passionfruit vine for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your post...sorry but I never liked Dali! Flowers are such a beauty and so inspiring when we begin to create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is up already - I am still mulling it all over before I start to write mine! I went to the Salvador Dali museum in Spain when I was there last year with my daughter. It was amazing, overwhelming in fact. I love passionfruit flowers, especially for their amazing smell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see a wolf/coyote/dog in that painting as well as a rat/mouse's head, a figure in the shadow in the right, two people under the vase, a face, another animal in the far left cliff... Wow. That is quite a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The passion flower is beautiful Ondrea. I have been a big fan of Dali's paintings for years, we saw some of his buildings in Barcelona years ago. You sure have had a spurt of getting things done! The CAL looks beautiful, loving the colours, the hexies and runner are very cute! Your bread looks yum too. Take it easy this hot next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely post Ondrea....apart from your lack of sleep. I love just looking.....and seeing too! Inspiration is everywhere in the ordinary. I saw a lovely face and an Irish wolfhound lol! Gorgeous passionfruit flower. Your coasters are coming along and your CAL is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those hexie coasters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your crocheting is looking wonderful, Ondrea. xx

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...