Sunday 26 May 2024

ANOTHER FINISH

 

My crochet shawl journey is complete. The final stitches were done last night and the ends sewn in. I wasn't happy with the blunt raw edge on the long side which was also a bit taut so I finished it off with slip stitches like the triangular sides but added a chain between each slip stitch to loosen it a bit and I am very happy with the result.




I had to buy another ball of yarn to finish it so I am using the rest to crochet a scarf using the same pattern but with a smaller hook. I used size 5 hook for the shawl and am using my usual size 4 for the scarf.  




 
When I went back to the wool shop to buy the extra yarn I couldn't resist buying another ball in different colourways for another scarf. Stand by for the next exciting episode. 

I have made further progress on my latest crosstitch which I plan to continue working on today as my wrists are a bit sore from doing so much crochet.



So that is my week's crafty progress. I shall pop over to see what you have been up to soon.


7 comments:

  1. A lovely finish. Just the thing for cooler evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty finish Ondrea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl is beautiful and a scarf will be lovely. The colours are so pretty. Nice work on your cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shawl is just gorgeous and you will have a coiuple of pretty scarves to wear for winter.... the cross stitch is looking good... we do tend to put pressure on our bodies with the continual crafting!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shawl is beautiful!! Great colours. Well done on the finish - maybe the cross stitch will rest your wrists for a while.

    ReplyDelete

CROSSTITCH PROGRESS

  Brrrr it is cold! I suppose it is not as cold as many other places and we have had a fairly good winter so far but my body does not enjoy ...