Sunday 19 May 2024

A NEW ONE

 

Although I haven't yet framed the last crosstitch I started a new one. This is another small patchwork themed one that I bought online .




I am really enjoying combining my love of patchwork with crosstitch. While researching framing techniques I came across a product called 'sticky board' which is an acid free board to mount the embroidery or crosstitch onto before putting it in the frame. Has anyone used this? I was just going to cut a bit of cardboard to size but the sticky board demos looked interesting.


My crocheted shawl is growing and I am considering making a scarf with the same yarn next.



The days are getting cooler so I love crocheting with the shawl draping on my lap.


Happy crafting. 

4 comments:

  1. Your shawl is lovely!! Is there a particular pattern you're using? And such a pretty cross stitch. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the shawl is going to be gorgeous - the wool is just perfect. I haven't heard of that sticky board so will be interested to hear if you use it....

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yarn colour is so very pretty. As you say a great project for cool evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a pretty cross stitch Ondrea. I haven't heard about sticky board either. Love your shawl colours.

    ReplyDelete

CROSSTITCH PROGRESS

  Brrrr it is cold! I suppose it is not as cold as many other places and we have had a fairly good winter so far but my body does not enjoy ...