Sunday 20 August 2023

ZOOMING ALONG

 

The past week I have been zooming along with my Christmas owl crosstitch but the aida is not softening . Never mind, at least I am stitching.




I had a lovely time chatting with the lovely ladies on  Chooky's Zoom  session on Friday evening. They were very helpful suggesting various things including different magnifiers, hair colouring and where to buy good aida. There were some lovely projects underway.  Thankyou all for a wonderful evening and a big thankyou to Chooky for hosting again. 

Today I started removing more of the papers from my hexie table topper and just have the edges to do now. I find that peeling them off from being glued tends to fray the fabric a bit so  I need to perfect my method. I used to baste with thread. 





Next step is to delicately remove the edge papers and neatly iron the edges ready for needle turning. Hmmm, not sure if I can face that today.  I think more crosstitching shall be on my agenda . 


Happy stitching.



6 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea. Your cross stitch is really coming along quickly! I have never gone the glue route for hexies because when I received glued swap hexies I found a problem removing the papers and fraying. Once I discovered the basting method that you don't have to remove I found it so much easier.
    Missed you on Zoom - by the time I signed in on Saturday Chooky had gone and there were only two people left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try giving your hexies a quick press with a hot steam iron, that will relax the glue a little and the papers will be easier to remove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Removing those papers is such a time consuming job. Good progress on the cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cross stitch is coming along really well - taking papers out of hexies is always a time consuming job, once you start the applique it will zip along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your hexagons look great ..... I do get a bit of fraying too but I still prefer to glue...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both the cross stitch and the hexie table topper. I am sorry that I missed you on zoom. I did catch two sessions but I wasn't able to make them all! Have a lovely weekend! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete

BAT FINISH

                                 I finished the bat. I think some of the threads were thinner as some specks of aida can be seen through the...