Sunday 4 June 2023

A LITTLE TIME AND ENERGY


 Time and energy has been in short supply recently and it has taken me ages to get back to my  'Fireside' crocheted blanket. I had to look at the pattern again re the joining process as I had forgotten since I was last working on it. There is no pre planning of colour selection for each block  as I am using colours from my stash instead of the colours in the original pattern. So, I find myself auditioning colours for each block as I go which is rather frustrating but necessary to ensure I don't have too much of one colour in areas on the blanket and that the same colour does not connect in 2 blocks. If it wasn't ' join as you go' it would be easier. 



I have finished another book which is the author's latest one. It is  about women in 1950's Melbourne and certainly depicts the attitude and expectations of women at that time. 




            I hope you are a all enjoying some crafty time.






4 comments:

  1. Your blanket is coming along nicely Ondrea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The time taken to audition yarns is worth it, what a beautiful blanket you are creating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the blanket - it's worth choosing your colours carefully. I quite enjoy her books...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love that blanket..... Worth the effort fiddling to choose each block as you go......

    ReplyDelete

A LITTLE PROGRESS

  Summer finally arrived here yesterday. We are in the 2nd week of autumn , had no summer during actual summer apart from less than a handfu...