Monday 26 July 2021

CLEAN UP TIME

 

It was time for another clean up in my sewing room. I have done a few big cleanups over the past couple of years so I am scratching my head trying to work out why I still have so much to get rid of. I sorted through heaps of fat 1/4s and other fabric that have not been used in years and found a lovely home for them where they will be used.  I have accumulated 10 binders of printed patterns and magazine patterns over many many years which have never been used so I ended up getting rid of them all. Wow! My recycling bin is now rather heavy. I shall take the binders and plastic sleeves to the Op Shop when it reopens.




A couple of weeks ago I ordered 2 packs of 10 Cosmo threads which were on sale. 



So, this afternoon I unravelled them all and wound them onto those cardboard spools to go in my Cosmo thread box. I have been slowly accumulating Cosmo threads because they are lovely and silky compared to the newer DMC threads. I have collected and used DMC threads for about 45 years and the older ones were much better than in recent years. 



Block 7 of Jennifer's BOM was released yesterday. So, back to stitching again.



I think I needed the break and enjoyed some crochet but it feels good stitching again. 

Keep safe and well.





6 comments:

  1. You have been productive. Do you want to come and tackle my sewing room next? Have fun using your new threads and hopefully playing with some of the fabrics you still love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a good sort out is never a bad thing.
    Have fun with your BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the sorting and clearing out, your threads look super organised. Block 7 is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a good feeling to have a clear out. The best thing I ever did was winding all my stranded threads onto spools - have to agree with you though, some of the older ones belonged to my Nana and Aunt and there is definitely a difference. Have never come across Cosmo threads though so maybe that is something I should look out for. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great job you have done of tidying up! I think that does us all good from time to time! Beautiful stitching too Ondrea! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also went through some of my magazines last week.... there are many that I just want to keep still though.... I agree that Cosmo threads are so much nicer... I am slowly growing my collection..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...