Sunday 23 May 2021

CALMING CROCHET

 

With the cooler weather , tiredness and lack of ability to focus on much lately I have not been stitching but I have enjoyed some relaxing crochet. Once I get going I find the rythmic motion of crocheting quite relaxing.  After crocheting a couple of ear warmers I used up the remainder of yarn to crochet a matching scarf. I prefer narrower scarves so I had just enough yarn.




I found a cushion cover pattern on the internet from Joy of Motion Crochet which is free or available to buy as a PDF . I opted to buy it instead of having to read it online. Once again, I had to convert the pattern to UK terms . Since buying my crochet bible I have found conversion easy. I started crocheting it last night with yarns I had in my stash. 



 

I plan to make the back reversing the colours ( mainly because I am low on the neutral colour ). However, I am not sure how one washes a complete cushion when it is made without being able to remove the cover. I may need to experiment to make it removable for washing.

                                Thanks for visiting.

8 comments:

  1. Lacking motivation here too. Enjoy your Crochet.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone has been a bit lacking in motivation after the year we have all had. Crochet is a lovely change of pace and is easy to pick up and put down when you feel like it! Hope you've had a lovely weekend! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with the lacking motivation, it does help if you find a project to kick start it. Lovely scarf im with you on the narrow fit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was blaming our recent move for my lack of motivation.....perhaps that is not the cause. That scarf looks very cosy and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your crochet cushion cover looks great and I love the colours in your new scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely crochet Ondrea, your cushion looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, crochet is very relaxing - and compulsive I find. The cushion is going to be lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...