Saturday 29 August 2020

P.P.P


Pandemic project progress...try saying that fast 3 times! One of my least favourite pass times is auditioning fabrics. I take forever choosing, removing, trying again, walking away and returning to the same dilemma. Honestly, if I didn't just give in at times and settle with my choices despite not being happy, I would never get any quilts pieced. So, here are blocks 4 and 5 of the B.O.M pieced after much huffing , puffing and grrrrring.




Here is how they will be pieced together.


I have not yet added lace or doilies ( doilys) ? But I have pinned some lace on the 2nd block. I haven't got much lace in my stash and I really don't wish to cut into my grandmothers' doilies but I do have some crocheted ones from an Op Shop .

What am I doing here? ...


Well, I decided to needle turn hexies to the border squares instead of circles. ( Each block should have these attached but I am leaving it until I can make several at once).  I basted a few hexies ready to use when, thankfully, I decided to revisit the size of the finished squares. Ooops! My hexies were waaay too big. So, not wanting to order one pack of smaller hexie papers online , I decided to improvise and cut the used and new ones I had. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! 

Have you improvised much during lockdown? 

Angel Blessings.




6 comments:

  1. Well done on your progress Ondrea, your blocks look great. Great effort cutting down the hexies too, I would probably cut them wonky!! My improvisation has been using the fabrics I have ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds just like me with the fabric auditioning. I like it when the blocks can get placed next to each other. You can start to see some progress for all that hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like seeing the blocks coming together.....your better then me I would be to lazy to cut down hexie papers.....go girl.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is looking lovely Ondrea and I think the hexies will look great instead of the circles. Hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are looking lovely Ondrea. Funny how we are all different. Fabric choosing I enjoy. They look great all together xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. your blocks are looking great and they will be fun with your improvised hexies....
    Hguz

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...