Wednesday 12 February 2020

ALMOST THERE


Not much stitching has been happening here but I am catching up. All the hand quilting has been done on my table topper but I am unsure how to proceed with the borders. I thought of machine quilting straight lines , then I thought of hand quilting straight lines, then I thought of just hand quilting around each hexie on the borders but that would still not solve the border dilemma. Any ideas? No ironing happening here either lol.




My Sashiko was quick, easy and enjoyable to do. I don't want to make it into a cushion but thought I would just put a border around it with Japanese fabric I had in my stash. Wrong! Looks like I used it all on another project. Still pondering now but I don't want it to become a UFO.



Feeling tired and lazy I decided that I needed something to do while watching Netflix. I discovered these cute crocheted hexies to make on Bunny Mummy's blog. I have no idea what I will do with them yet but I am just enjoying the journey.



Well, as Bugs Bunny said, " that's all folks".

No idea why that came to mind lol.

Angel Blessings.











5 comments:

  1. It's a lovely process of handwork you've shared...and I'm glad you're trying new things. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little crochet hexies, and your Sashiko is lovely. I am not very good at borders, straight lines are my usual go to! Could you trace on a pattern, maybe some hexies and hand quilt that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No ideas to offer for your borders other than to say it will be pretty when completed. The crocheted hexies are very cute and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had the very same angst over borders so no help from this quarter either! Your Sashiko is just lovely Ondrea. The little medallions are so sweet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure what to suggest as far as the borders are concerned I'm afraid but I am sure something will come to mind! Love the sashiko and crochet... looks fun! Have a lovely weekend! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...