Thursday 5 September 2019

BEEN BABY BUSY



I apologise for not keeping up with all your blog posts but I have been busy with baby business. My little grandson ( #2) was born on Friday and I have been enjoying lots of cuddles.





A few days prior to the birth I thought I had better get some sewing done before life got extra busy. Having finished "A Gardener's Journal" quilt , one of my UFOs, I decided to start another UFO. This quilt is a Red Brolly design called "Cotton Country" and I can't remember how long ago I completed the stitcheries. So, after auditioning fabrics from my stash I cut all the borders for each stitchery ready to sew on. I still have 2 more to prepare.




Yesterday I spent a few hours with my girlfriend measuring, scratching our heads and cutting all the borders for both my quilts. It took ages but would have taken me a lot longer to do it on my own.



My plan is to sew all the borders on asap and make an appointment with my quilter.

I have finished piecing my EPP table topper and have cut borders ready to needleturn it to. I am still a little confused how to join the borders but hope it will all make sense once I reach that point. 



Wish me luck hehehe.

I also finished a very interesting non fiction book that highlights some of Harper Lee's life .



Angel Blessings.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea congrats on the newest addition to your family,my he sure is a cutie,love the picture of you and him.
    You do such beautiful work my friend,your quilts are looking beautiful,well done juggling everything,give my best to R and hubby,take care my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how gorgeous. He looks very contented in grandma's arms. You are making good progress with our quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo Ondrea of you with the new bub. Such a special time for you all. Well done on all the cutting and choosing of your borders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Pic of you both. I know you will be enjoying those cuddles. Both quilts are looking wonderful and can't wait to see them finished. Such sweet hexies too xx

    ReplyDelete

CROSSTITCHING

  I have enjoyed more stitching time making my tree of hearts bloom and grow.  Now that I have found a way of rediscovering my stitching moj...