Sunday 4 August 2019

BORDERS


Most of my patchwork and crochet projects need borders. There is a great sense of satisfaction when I hook or stitch the last bit but then I realise that the project still needs more ....a border or 2 or 3. The fun? begins. I usually find myself putting these projects in the UFO drawer. Well, this time I went to a patchwork shop as soon as possible to select border fabric for my angel quilt. No UFO happening with this quilt! I came home with 3 fabrics. Turquoise for the first border about an inch wide, pink for the outer border 4 or 5 inches wide, and purple ( yes, I had to have my fav colour in there somewhere), for the binding.




Now I am stressing thinking about cutting all that fabric and trimming the edges of the quilt to make it even. 

I showed you the border fabric for Little Lucy, so that will be 2 quilts nearly finished. Ofcourse, my Dune crocheted blanket will need borders too but at least I have plenty of yarn handy to choose from. Here is my blanket awaiting borders.



I have been enjoyed piecing " A Gardener's Journal" quilt. Part A and B are now complete and I am working on more as you can see.


I finished a wonderful book about the Vietnam orphans airlift to Australia and other countries during the Vietnam war. Unfortunately, the first official airlift came to a tragic end which could have been avoided. 


My sewing room is becomming a bit dark now so my sewing time has come to an end today as I have not yet replaced my lamp. 

Angel Blessings,






2 comments:

  1. Pretty fabric choices for the angel quilt borders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of borders to be done in your house, love the fabrics you have chosen. Your Gardners Journal is coming along well. Interesting looking book.

    ReplyDelete

CROSSTITCHING

  I have enjoyed more stitching time making my tree of hearts bloom and grow.  Now that I have found a way of rediscovering my stitching moj...