Sunday 26 May 2019

HEXIES, CROCHET AND QUILTING


I have been feeling poorly the past couple of days with constant headaches and sleeplessness but I feel uplifted having nearly completed a project and starting 2 more. The yummy yarns sitting in their beautiful organza bag were begging me to put crochet hook in hand and start my Dune blanket. 



3 packs of precut hexies arrived last week so I started basting some last night. I am planning to make a table runner but have no idea what design I am doing. Hopefully, I will work it out as I go,



My little quilt has been hand quilted using perle thread which I usually prefer.


So, this afternoon I plan to trim the little quilt and find some fabric for the binding and perhaps design the label to finish it off.

It is rather cool here again so it is perfect weather to sit and crochet or stitch. I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Angel blessings.




4 comments:

  1. I can see why you wanted to start working with that gorgeous yarn. Is the pink a clue to baby no 2????? Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather does not help the health does it?? The colours in your crochet blanket are beautiful, they will help you feel happy. Love the pre cut hexies, i am sure they will create a beautiful table runner. Your mini looks wonderful. Hope you are feeling a bit better today, keep warm, looks like we are in for a cold wet week. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crochet is such gorgeous colours! No wonder you hard to start. LOVE your lovely little quilt too! Hope you start to feel better soon. Been reading it's a bit crisp down your way xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ondrea ,I am so sorry that you aren't feeling well.
    Oh your dune blanket is looking so pretty,love the colours well done on all your beautiful work.
    Hope you feel better soon my friend xx

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...