Sunday 14 April 2019

BACK TO STITCHING


I didn't do any stitching for several days after I returned home from Qld. Household tasks and feeling poorly left me quite unenthusiastic . Once I picked up a needle and thread again I was on a roll.

I love this cute little owl design I bought from Jenny's ,( Jenny of Elefantz) , selection of ever so sweet patterns. I decided to use a beautiful Cottage Garden thread aptly named 'Peacock'.  I am thinking that I might frame it after sewing fabric borders onto it but I may come up with another idea. What I don't want to do is put it away for later as I know it will never get finished if I do that. Out of sight out of mind!



I have hand stitched the last 2 rows of my little quilt, sewn the top 4 rows together, and am in the process of stitching 2 rows together as you can see. It is pleasing to see the pattern emerging.



I have perservered with the crocheted baby blanket but I still don't really like it. I have spotted a lovely pattern and yarn in a newsletter from a UK shop so I might be a little tempted to buy it. I still have plenty of time before munchkin number 2 arrives.



As usual the weather is up and down here which is not kind to my FMS. Fortunately, I have the opportunity to rest. I know some of you are currently battling 
 with health issues so I send you many angel healing hugs.

Angel Blessing.






3 comments:

  1. The Owl is a really great design and I love the way your tiny patches are looking. Your crochet looks good too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a very sweet owl. You are so clever with your little quilts Ondrea. Looking forward to seeing more of this one. Lovely crochet also. Hope you are feeling better now xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the owl Ondrea, and your little quilt looks amazing. Your crochet blanket looks great too. There are so many tempting things out there to make!! Hope you are feeling better today. Xx

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...