Sunday 6 January 2019

AN ARRAY OF GREY AND SOME CROCHET



On New Year's Eve day I ventured out amongst the tourists and headed to Spotlight to buy some fabrics. My new coffee table is somewhat larger than my 25+ year old pine trunk I have been using and my table toppers are now too small. So, it looks like I have quite a bit of sewing to do on the machine but I do love hand stitching matching hexie coasters to go with my toppers. Greys, charcoals and creams or whites now suit my décor, so I came home with these... 


 
 
I still like a splash of colour here and there so I have joined Lucy's CAL on her blog Attic24 which started on the 4th January. It is never too late to join in as Lucy is leaving everything on her blog indefinitely so there is no pressure. I love her idea of winding sample pieces of yarn onto wooden pegs and labelling them with the appropriate colour names. Some yarn colours are very similar to each other so this prevents picking up the wrong ball. I had great fun preparing these on Friday.
 
 
 
 
There are instructions for many blanket sizes and 3 variations of colour orders. I have chosen to do a throw blanket to keep snug on the sofa during the winter. I am doing the sampler version which means the colour selection is repeated rather than randomly placed . There is also a colourwash version which I may be tempted to do another time. So, the journey begins.
 
 
 
Some of you may remember that I had started another more complicated crochet blanket a while ago. I have put it aside as things were going a bit awry with some of the blocks but I am hoping this CAL will give me the confidence  to pick it up again soon.
 
Many Angel Blessings
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea I love you new fabrics it with be nice to freshen the look up with them,hope you have a wonderful day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant fabrics. Looking forward to seeing your new runners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so elegant Ondrea. Look forward to seeing it when done. Happy crocheting xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the sweet pea rug. Unfortunately I ordered my wool late and now I have to play with other things while I wait...hurry up Mr Postman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fabric purchases Ondrea, you were brave venturing out in the traffic!! Hope you enjoy the CAL have seen lots of lovely info about it.

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...