Monday 4 September 2023

FURRY OWLS

 

We have a house guest....my daughter's beautiful cat, Freya. Freya's family have gone away for a couple of weeks so I can enjoy having a purring snuggly cat around again. 




Most of the time she is very well behaved but sometimes she gets in places she is not supposed to go. She knocked over photos of my grandsons while leaping up ....do you think it is payback for them leaving her a while?




Unfortunately, she sheds lots of fur all year round and I am constantly rollering ( the sticky roller technique) my clothes and couch . Fur has even got onto my crosstitch but at least she doesn't swipe at my threads as I stitch . Here is my progress.




 
The day started out sunny and it was supposed to be around 22 degrees...wrong! The sunshine was lovely so I hung a load of towels out to dry instead of putting them in the dryer. Well, the sun disappeared a couple of hours ago and it is quite cool outside. The towels had not started to dry so it was a complete waste of my time hanging them outside. The dryer is now on. Ah well, I am told it is going to be a very hot summer so I guess there will be plenty of outdoor drying time coming up. 


Happy stitching, knitting, crocheting and all things crafty.


6 comments:

  1. The owls are coming along nicely and great to have a little furry friend around. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your owls are super cute... as is Freya. Enjoy those kitty cuddles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your house guest Ondrea! Lovely to have a little furry visitor! Your owls are looking great. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy your visitor... he looks quite like ours! Your cross stitch is growing well...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress with your owls. A lovely houseguest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful progress with your owls Ondrea, your house guest is very pretty, shame about the hair!

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...