Sunday 21 August 2022

AN OLD CROCHET UFO

 

Sometime before the pandemic, maybe a year or 2 prior, I started a more challenging crochet project which I ended up putting away as I found it a bit difficult to do without someone to help me each time I came across a new hurdle. Well, as I have had more experience with crocheting since then, I decided to be brave and revisit it. So, I resorted everything I had done and started where I left off on a few blocks. Here is the pattern. 




Unfortunately, despite buying the kit, the colours are not light and bright as depicted but they are ok. Most of the filler granny squares had been done but there were 2 unfinished. I have add the next round to these 2 and there is one more round. I remember that I couldn't work out how to do the crosses and had some help from a friend then got confused doing the last 2 and left them. Thankfully, I had no trouble this time. Fingers crossed I don't come across more problems with the rest.



Now onto the 1st main octagonal block. This is where I left it and now I need to work out what row I am up to. I really need to focus without interruption to do this so I will have to choose my time and not do it while watching the tv. 




See what I mean about the colours? Anyhoo, I feel that I may be getting somewhere now. As for my hand quilting some further progress has been made. 2 more blocks have been done. It is hard to see in the pics but I have quilted around the hearts with brown thread because the ecru stood out too much. The rectagonal pieces have been hand quilted with 3 straight rows. All the blocks are quilted in straight( ??)  lines a quarter inch all around the stitcheries and then a second row around inside the block edges. The bunny one has not been completed.





After absolutely no sleep at all on Friday night and the neighbour building his house starting at 7am on Saturday morning again ( another neighbour defying local bi laws, they all do it), I just rested yesterday and did nothing after the basic household chores were done. Now I have discovered that I should not sit too long when stitching as an MRI showed I have moderate to severe wear and tear of my facet joints in the lumbar region. I will need to ensure I get up and move around more. 

I hope you are enjoying some crafty time. 



5 comments:

  1. Do hope you crack on with the crochet - the colours look very pretty to me. I did the dark blue version which I loved but all the blocks were the same colours so a bit boring whereas all the blocks in your version look to be different colour combo's which should be more interesting.
    Lovely quilting.
    Always good to get up and stretch every half an hour or so when stitching - I do a few Pilates stretches every now and again which helps. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours in your crochet, maybe they will look better once you begin to assemble the blocks. It looks like a beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you are back to the crochet, it is a stunning pattern. I think the colours look great. Well done on getting more of the quilting done. Good idea to get up and stretch and move around, we can get stuck in the sitting position!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see that you have picked up your crocheting project. That is going to be stunning when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your crochet, the colours are still lovely even if they are not what you are expected. Very adventurous project. the quilting is looking great too... Yes, i think we all need to move more - hope you are not too sore...xx
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

CROSSTITCHING

  I have enjoyed more stitching time making my tree of hearts bloom and grow.  Now that I have found a way of rediscovering my stitching moj...