Monday 8 June 2020

SEWING SOLUTIONS



The old saying " make do and mend" has taken a slightly newer slant during this pandemic. I have chosen self imposed lock down during winter apart from supermarket, pharmacy and doctor visits. I did venture out to buy some pjs and underwear last week but mostly without success ...unless I was size 16 to 20....as these were the only pjs and knickers left on the almost empty shelves. I know many would say that fabric shopping is essential but I am trying to make do with what I have. Thus the solution to binding my Christmas wall hanging. I did not have enough of any one Christmas fabric to make the binding so I decided to join 3 different fabrics together and I think the result is okay. I am ready to sew it down tonight.



This afternoon I sanwiched my little quilt after sewing the borders on last night. I am feeling that buzz of achievement which serves to spur me on.



I hope you have had some lovely stitching time.

Angel Blessings.


7 comments:

  1. Two very lovely quilts. And yes the binding on the Christmas quilt will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely little quilts.... sometimes what we have is just perfect....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for the binding on your Christmas quilt, your little quilt looks fantastic too, you nearly have two finishes!! Good idea to hunker down over winter, I will be doing pretty much the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that this pandemic has made a lot of us think and see a lot of things differently. I have used different bindings on the one quilt recently and love the result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little quilt is so close to completion and is looking beautiful. Yes, if we 'have to' we will find another solution by using what we already have. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love a scrappy binding so yours looks great to me. I am loving your little quilt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ondrea love your little quilt and your Xmas hanging is so cute,sorry I am behind in catching up with blogs,hubby has been in hospital xx

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...