Sunday 3 May 2020

DIFFERENT WAYS



Brrrr, it looks like an early winter has arrived. All the more reason to stay in lockdown here in Victoria. It is so nice to see my munchkin's blanket grow as it provides warmth on my lap as I crochet. 
I had an 'oops' moment recently when I realised that I would not have enough yarn to complete the blanket. Now is not the time to reorder from the UK so I was fortunate to locate an Aussie website that had my particular yarn in all the colours I needed. Whew! It has apparently been despatched already so I am hoping the parcel won't take too long to arrive.



Now, did you know that a pillow slip cuff is not always a cuff? Silly question? Nope! While searching for instructions to make my munchkin's pillow slips I found several U.S  you tube tutorials and decided to try the ' buritto' method which entails rolling up the cut fabrics, sewing, then pulling the inside out.  Wooohoo! It came out beautifully. However, there is a ' but' . Now, the pattern said it was a pillowslip with a cuff, as do a lot of other U.S patterns but they all have the same issue...their idea of a cuff is simply the different fabric and/ or strip on the top part of the pillowslip. There is actually no cuff as I would assume a cuff to mean. I thought a cuff is the part inside that you tuck the pillow into to keep it from slipping out.  It appears that UK patterns do have cuffs as we do. So, the 1st pillowslip I made has no " cuff" lol.


You may note that I cut the fabric with the pattern sideways so when I find a better pattern with the elusive cuff I shall cut the fabric the other way. ( If I have enough).

I have made further progress with my little quilt.


I have so many projects to finish but I am determined to finish the blanket and little quilt first.

I hope you are all keeping safe and well.

Angel Blessings.




7 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea so glad that you could get some more wool,the colours are so pretty. Interesting about the cuffs I didn't know ,Thankyou for explaining it .
    The boys will be tickled pink with their new pillow cases. Stay safe and warm my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work..... I love the little quilt and the blanket... lucky ot have found a local place to get extra yarn...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very cold over the weekend Ondrea, good to be inside with your crochet! Good to hear you have found some more wool and in Aus. Your little quilt is looking wonderful. Keep warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was crazy cold this weekend. Brrrrrr is right! Glad you managed to get some yarn locally to finish your blanket.

    I take a cuff to mean the same as you. It's funny how different countries name things differently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With or without cuffs, your pillow slip looks pretty.
    Lucky you, I can't find any shops in the southern hemisphere with my yarn colour in stock. I ordered from UK. I wonder how long it will take. The tracking thing says it has passed through customs and is ready for international travel.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the pillowcase. Definitely good weather to stay inside with some stitching and crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great that you could source some more yarn for your blanket. Good work on sorting the cuff. Love your tiny quilt too....Stay cosy and well xx

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...