Wednesday 22 January 2020

Cheery colours



With the fluctuating weather patterns down here  it is a wonder my plants have survived. High winds and rain with a few hot days in the 30's rapidly changing to low 20's and under has certainly been a challenge for me. Today it is hot and muggy. Despite all this my plants have thrived and they bring joyful colour to this cloudy day.




I have been doing a bit of hand quilting on my table topper. It is not the neatest nor are the stitches exactly even in size . My fingers are a bit arthritic and my eyes are not as good as they used to be but I refuse to give in. Hehehe.



Last week I started making some quilt-as-you-go blocks for a blogger who is putting donated blocks together for a bushfire quilt drive.  I mucked up my first one but once I got the hang of it they became quite addictive.



I apologise for not adding any links for this but I have trouble doing it on this android tablet. No idea why! Obviously an operator problem .

Angel Blessings.

5 comments:

  1. Y9ur flowers look good Ondrea, this season seems to be a challenge full stop. Well done with the hand quilting. Love the colours you have used for the QAYG blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are just thriving in this crazy weather we've been having lately. Those QAYG blocks are gorgeous. Those colours look so good all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plants are blooming beautifully! So cheerful! Those string blocks are very addictive and great for using up lots of skinny scraps too. I have some hand quilting to get back to but can't stand it on me even with the aircon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like petunias to say summer is here - very pretty -and your quilting looks very good from where I am sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your plants look glorious Ondrea! I love your table topper too! The string blocks look great and are for such a great cause. I hope you are safe where you are! Have a nice weekend! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...