Monday 13 January 2020

A LITTLE MOJO BACK


At long last I have a little stitching enthusiasm back. A dear friend, Barb, who used to be a blogger sent me this cushion cover Sashiko to do. I was instantly inspired! I love doing Sashiko as it is what I call " mindless stitching" that doesn't require much concentration and the designs are beautiful. ( the background is NOT yellow and the Sashiko is actually indigo.... my tablet camera kept refusing to take a true pic.)




I have been crocheting pouches for rescued wildlife that our local libraries have been requesting. The 2 smaller ones are for sugar gliders and the larger one is for a ringtail or brushtail possum. Another larger one is currantly on my hook.


My hexie EPP table topper is now sandwiched ready to hand quilt...just deciding which thread and what colour to use now.





I finished my little quilt . It measures 10" x 10".



My first book read this year.  It was a great read especially having watched 2 seasons of her doco with Mike Rinder.  



It is windy and smokey here . I hope you are all safe from fire or flood.

Angel Blessings.













6 comments:

  1. I have a Sashiko panel waiting in the wings for me too....I,love how they look so excited to try. The Indigo is lovely. Well done on your EPP project and your little quilt is gorgeous! Glad you have found your mojo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear your mojo has returned, the sashiko panel is lovely. Good relaxing stitching for you. Your mini quilt is beautiful and the hexies look great. Hopefully the smoke blows away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your sewing mojo has returned. I really love your hexie runner. Happy sewing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mini is gorgeous. Well done on the pouches. Glad to hear that you are back stitching again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ondrea so glad your mojo has come back ,and what a lovely gift from Barb,so glad you are enjoying stitching it.
    Your mini is so sweet ,lovely work my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's NiCe to catch up with you again...xox

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...