Friday 24 August 2018

SLOW STITCHING


Sashiko is such a peaceful mode of stitching and it hasn't taken me long to complete all the blocks.





The border motifs are nearly finished BUT I have run out of the thread. Grrrrrr. I may just use another ball of cotton that I had for stitching chicken scratch a few years ago or perhaps I shall just forget the rest of the motifs and piece the quilt without them. I am unsure how I am going to place them all yet. I can't be bothered ordering online for one item. 


 
I started , what was to be, a quick project consisting of a table runner and matching coasters. I have made a couple of table runners without any specific pattern but this time I could not seem to get the measurements right for the table runner.   At least I could sit and stitch the hexie coasters though.

 
 
Woohoo! I have finished another book. I am loving getting back into reading mode. This book is non fiction about the first Australian female detective. She paved the way for all those women in the police force today. Unarmed and with no uniform she dealt with the 2 most notorious women crime figures in Sydney and many other things during her career including the Razor Gangs and fortune tellers. Retiring at 65 she had no superannuation or pension despite her male peers having it all. This book gives a good history from the first settlement onwards.
 
 
 
Well, I am surrounded by building works as I type this. Behind me, over the fence, they are gutting the ground floor of the house and now they have a digger working there. The house behind us has had a digger going for about 3 months and now they have started gutting that house too. Soon the house opposite us will be under demolition and then a new house is to be built there. A few doors down, across the road, they have almost completed building a huge house. I am quietly going crazy here with all the noise and my house rocking. Thank goodness for stitching.
 
I hope you are enjoying peace and sunshine.
 
Angel Blessings

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea wow i love your blocks they look fantastic,what a shame you had run out of thread,and what cute coasters,well done my friend . Oh dear i think all those building works would give me continuous headaches. Your book sounds very interesting and i think being a women back in that era would've been very tough,glad you enjoyed your book,hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute coasters. Sometimes it is good to have a break from a project when it is not happening as it should. Hopefully all the building work will settle down soon and it will be back to peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love your Sashiko blocks Ondrea. Shame you ran out of thread. Very cute owly coasters too. We have had demolition and renos one house down for 18 months. Cannot imagine what else needs doing but still it goes on. Congestion from equipment in the street, noise and dust....very painful so I hear ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame your peaceand quiet has been shattered for so long!! Your Sashiko blocks are wonderful, hope the thread problem has been sorted. Your owl coasters are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh all that activity would drive me mad Ondrea... you poor thing, with so much going on, so close to your home.
    Bummer to have run out of the thread... the sashiko looks great, well done!
    x

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...