Saturday 11 August 2018

LAST ANGEL AND MOVING ALONG


Oh dear! What a week! I never usually "catch" anything going around and I thought grandmas were immune but I succumbed to an awful tummy bug that my beautiful little munchkin passed on to me as well as his mum. Whilst recovering from that I developed a couple of migraines so I thought I wouldn't really achieve much sewing for a while. Well. today I finally completed the last angel block. This is Angela the animal lover. I changed the design a bit as I do not like birds being caged. Infact, I don't even like what a cage represents so I omitted it from my block completely and perched the bird on Angel's hand instead.


 

The other evening I cut a few borders for some blocks after fussing and huffing for quite a while trying to decide what colours I should use for each block. In the end I decided not to be so fussy and went with the flow. I hope I don't regret my decision. I have the strips ready to sew on and have pinned the chosen outer border fabrics to each block so I don't mix them up.


 
 
I even had some energy to cut a few of 2 1/2" squares for the piecing bits. Only another 300 plus to go.
 
 
 
I have now finished 6 Sashiko blocks. These are the latest 3.
 
 
 
I am also proud to say that I finished another book. This one is another Aussie author who I heard on ABC Radio . His genre is not my usual thing and I would describe it as being light suspense. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I think I will seek out his other 10 or so novels he has written.
 
 
 
I am 3/4s my way through another novel so I am really happy I have found my reading enthusiasm again.
 
Thankyou for visiting my blog.
 
Angel Blessings. 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. You are on a roll with your sewing and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you are over your bug...love your last angel, the bird looks perfect where you have it. Good to see the borders are ready to go...that book sounds interesting, I have just finished Satrs of Fortune by Nora Roberts, different but good. The Sashiko blocks look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not nice. Glad you are on the mend. I felt the same about Angela so I left the cage open and my birdie perched on top. Love your version. Your Sashiko is beautiful! I shall pop that book on my list xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those bugs are just the pits Ondrea, glad you're on the mend.
    Well done on your adjustments to the Angel Story block... I like your idea with the bird.
    x

    ReplyDelete

CROSSTITCHING

  I have enjoyed more stitching time making my tree of hearts bloom and grow.  Now that I have found a way of rediscovering my stitching moj...