Sunday 6 August 2023

FINISHED? AND A BIG THANKYOU

 

Wow! The power of bloggers and the internet! On my last post I put a pic of another incomplete crosstitch, an alphabet sampler I had found that I started over 25 years ago. Unfortunately, I could not find the pattern with it, unlike the others I had found. So, I asked if anyone knew an avid crosstitcher who may recognise the designer. Well, I am so thrilled to say that wonderful Lou located the pattern for me via a facebook friend of hers who put a lot of time into finding it for me. THANKYOU Lou, you are an absolute treasure and so is your friend. It is a Pat Roger's design called " Ella's Sampler" and a link was also attached to a place I can purchase it. 

Meanwhile, I finished that pesky crosstitch dress on the current project I am completing from decades ago. 






After that most of my time was spent doing all the detail lines on the treadle table with single thread and then the swirls and brand name on the sewing machine. The wreath is now done too.




So, the only thing left to stitch now is a toy underneath the cupboard and heaps  of french knots strategically placed all ovet the cupboard door sections. I am wondering if the doors look just fine the way they are. What do you think? I may even omit the toy.




I think it looks okay as is. There are a few charms to attach but I am not sure if they will fit under non reflective glass when framed so I shall unpick those black threads dangling from the shelf. I noted that the local framer is still there but fear he will close so I really want to get this framed soon. 

My magnifier arrived quite promptly but I am struggling to get used to it. The part that is meant to sit on your chest is impossible to place for anyone with boobs so I sit it underneath . The light is good but I can't seem to place my work high enough to do. Persistence required ! 





For some reason the above pic can not be enlarged. The gremlins are at it again. So, I am now going to restart one of the other crosstitches and maybe get back to putting the border on my blue and white hexie table topper. My patchwork and quilting seems to have been forgotten since I have been crosstitching again. 


9 comments:

  1. Happy to have been able to help. Your other project is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have been able to locate the pattern for your alphabet sampler - blog friends are great aren't they! I do think you need to add the French knots to the cupboard door as it does look a bit bare compared to the rest of the panel. It will be lovely to get it framed up after all this time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some cross-stitch projects framed without glass. Even after decades they are relatively dust free. The charms add such interest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful to have had the help for the pattern! yay for crafty bloggers. That cross stitch is just gorgeous - I love all the things in it... so much work. I have struggled to find a magnifier that I can use - some of the ladies I sew with have the ones that fit on the head - but dont interfere with glasses.... I have a very good one with a light but it's no good at night in front of the TV.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased you have found the pattern for the sampler Ondrea and I love the finished cross stitch. It is going to look beautiful framed. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The power of the internet. Glad to were able to find the missing pattern. That cross stitch is just soooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it's coming along so beautifully!! And bless that lady for all her research to find the pattern for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news, bloggers are the best aren't they!! I like the cross stitch as it is, frame away I say .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that Lou she's pretty handy..... How amazing to find the pattern..... Goodluck getting it finished it's pretty .....

    ReplyDelete

BAT FINISH

                                 I finished the bat. I think some of the threads were thinner as some specks of aida can be seen through the...