Sunday 27 March 2022

A BUSY WEEK

 

It has been a busy week for me. I usually need to pace myself  by having a day or 2 at home after being out for a day doing some grocery shopping or attending an appointment. However, this past week has been rather hectic with committments, appointments and the regular grocery shopping for my parents and ourselves. I still need to book my car in for a service and it looks like this coming week is very busy too. The brief arrival of cool weather was not kind to me again and having no time to rest meant that my FMS acted up. Hubby is in bed again, same as 3 weeks ago but this time his pain is under control. At least the weather has warmed up again and I took advantage of the sunshine yesterday by replanting my pots on the verandah and cleaning more windows.





My plant stand needs to be sanded and repainted again as the sea air tends to rust things quickly.  The pot stand was my grandmother's so I try to preserve it and the tub was my dad's childhood bath. 

Last night I completed the final wavey row of my blanket and started the 1st crocheted border. I selected the cream colour from my stash to do the 1st border as I thought it would define the borders from the rest of the blanket when I add the blanket colours for the other rows of borders.

 


Unfortunately the colours look rather washed out in the pic. They are a lot darker in reality.

My daughter has been enjoying crocheting more cute things. These 2 chickies are now in the hands of my grandsons.




If you are an avid reader of Fiona McIntosh you will love her latest novel that I have now finished reading. 



Well, hubby seems content at the moment and I have managed to do this post so I think I will try to do a bit more crocheting now. 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and stay safe.



8 comments:

  1. Well done on the replanting, it looks really good. The chickens are super cute! Great progress on your blanket, the cream border looks good. Hope hubby improves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A difficult week for you Ondrea. I do hope your husband is able to keep the pain under control.You have some lovely pots and it is lovely to have things with memories. I hope you have a quieter week and recover. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do sound as though you have been busy and I hope you haven't overdone things! I love your crocheted blanket the first border stitches are looking great. Your pots all look wonderful too. Hope you have a quieter week this week and get some relaxation time. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard when it all falls to one to carry the load. The blanket is looking good and your daughter's chicks are very cute. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your crochet blanket is looking great and a great project for the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy week and lots to get sorted... the plants do look lovely and well done with the blanket... it's looking great. I need to do some again now it is cooling a bit in the evenings. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to find you again after Craft forum closed down.I will get a cuppa and read what you have been up to.Liz Mum of 6

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely crochet! You have had a busy time. Such great memories attached to your pot planting....hope you feel better soon as can achieve some down time to rest xx

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...