Sunday 31 May 2020

HOME STRETCH



It is officially winter tomorrow but I think it arrived a couple of weeks early. I have heard that even Qld has had a few nippy nights. The upside of cold days and nights is that I love crocheting especially when a blanket grows to the point where it is big enough to cover my lap. I only have another 4 or 5 rows left to do on munchkin's blanket and then I shall do the crocheted borders.




Inner and outer borders for my little quilt have been cut now that I have completed the main part. I have placed the borders so you get the idea. I struggled to find big enough pieces of Civil War fabric in my stash for the wider border so I ended up with the pink. Despite not being a pink girl I rather like it.




The Christmas wall hanging has been machine quilted at a minimum and I have cut fabric for the sleeve which is the same fabric on the back. I haven't selected binding fabric yet. Whew! Did I have a tough time trying to attach the walking foot to my machine! I think hand quilting may have been quicker.



I finished another book .



Seeing as we are going to remain in lockdown for the duration of winter despite our Premier  rolling back a bit tomorrow I ordered a couple of books online. I get nervous when my " to read" shelf starts to dwindle. 

Stay warm and safe.

 Angel Blessings.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea love the colours you have used in the crochet blanket ,it will keep your little guy snugly warm. Your mini quilt looks fantastic I can see why you are so pleased with it and your Xmas hanging is so cute,well done my friend on all your beautiful work xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely crochet and sewing... the blanket is beautiful and I love the mini quilt....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wasted no time getting back into crocheting once the yarn arrived. The pink border works well. I agree with you about staying in isolation for a bit longer. We are only heading out for necessary trips. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The crochet is lovely. Your little quilt is gorgeous! Well done on your Christmas wall hanging too. I do understand the empty book shelf anxiety lol!

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...