Saturday 21 March 2020

QUILTING DONE



One thing that crafters need not fear is isolation. Given the current situation I am amazed how some people are worrying about how they will pass the time in isolation. I know I spend a lot of time at home but I think a lot of quilters and stitchers crave the opportunity to spend more time with needle and thread.  It is also the perfect opportunity to use fabrics from our stash and to complete some UFOs. I was thrilled to pick up my 2 quilts that I had finally pieced together , one a UFO. I clearly haven't ironed this one yet.


I chose this text fabric for the backing. A talking point.




An Angels Story was made with my intention of making it from start to finish without putting it aside and becomming a UFO. Yey! I did it and it feels so good.




Progress on my little quilt has been slow and I still need to trace and cut pieces for the final row. However, I did get the urge to start stitching some blocks . Each block is 2 inches. One row has been completed.



Being constantly bombarded with grim news we choose not to listen to the radio or watch tv much and just keep updated without focusing on it all day. My little munchkins always bring me joy and put a smile on my face. It looks like little brother already has the upper hand.





Stay safe, don't panic, and enjoy extra stitching time.

Angel Blessings.











5 comments:

  1. The quilting really compliments your beautiful work. Love the text backing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww your little munchkins are adorable and certainly much more fun to play with and listen to, than the news. Yours quilts are stunners x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The munchkins photo just brings you joy!! Your quilts look wonderful Ondrea, always a great to get them back from the quilters. We are much the same here with the news, feeling overloaded. Much happier to go play with fabric and thread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both quilts are beautiful and woohoo on Angel Story! Very sweet little munchkins xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Ondrea and cute little ones. You are so right - there will never be enough hours in the day for craft! xx

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...