Thursday 19 December 2019

GIFTS, BOOKS AND BEES



It is all a buzz here with the early arrival of tourists , the Christmas chaos and some bees. We found a beehive in one of our compost bins the other day and we were quite pleased that they settled here for a while. However, we became slightly alarmed when we discovered another hive on our lemon tree with bees preparing to swarm.




Yesterday morning they swarmed so I couldn't walk on our path to the clothesline. By the afternoon they had gone without any evidence that they had been. It is good to know that we have local bees but I am a bit worried they won't survive the heatwave.

A few weeks ago I had lunch with my little home sewing group and one of the girls is very creative. She gave us each a fabric flower.



I received a beautiful Christmas deco in the mail from dear Shez. She even found me an owl Christmas card!


My recent finished book is non fiction written by an actress who escaped a cult. I enjoyed listening to her on a podcast and just had to read her book when it was later released. I have a few books about cults as I am intrigued by how many people succumb and why they do.



Keep cool and hydrated in the heat .

Angel Blessings.








4 comments:

  1. Interesting about the bees Ondrea, I am wondering its the the of the year they swarm, I heard on the radio yesterday a lady saying they had two swarms in their back yard. They got theirs into a hive, now they have to learn how to keep them. Beautiful Xmas gifts, always good to have a book recommendation. I am fascinated why people get caught up in cults too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ondrea oh a bit worrying about the bees being so close to your close line,we need our bees so i hope that the heat wont destroy them.
    My sister says the same about Portarlington,she hates holiday time ,so many people get down there that she often has no interenet,i hope to visit her sometime in January.
    Your books sound interesting,hope you can keep cool today my friend,its going to be a scorcher.
    Hope you and the family are doing well now Ondrea,take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems you did just the right thing avoiding the bees without harming them! You have received some beautiful little gifts! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good you could letbthe bees do their thing and yes hope they manage in the heat. A lovely little floral gift and very cute ornie. Nothing like a good book xx

    ReplyDelete

CROSSTITCHING

  I have enjoyed more stitching time making my tree of hearts bloom and grow.  Now that I have found a way of rediscovering my stitching moj...