Sunday 28 June 2020

ZICK ZACK



A few weeks ago I recieved my usual newsletter from Black Sheep Wools which also has videos about new patterns and products. I was drawn to a lovely free pattern from Ravelry called the Zick Zack Scarf which uses 2 x100g balls of different variegated yarn. I have never thought to use different variegated yarns together in a pattern but I could see how it worked well. 3 weeks later my yarn arrived and I was excited to get started. Well! After unpulling it 6 times over a period of 2 days, ( I amazed myself how patient and persistent I was), I realised knitting with 4 ply yarn and size 3 needles was not working for me as the stitches were splitting and I kept ending up with excess stitches. That was it, no more, forget it. Then I thought I would give it one more go using size 4 needles and yeeyyyyyyy.



I designed a label for one of my quilts that came back from the quilter just prior to Covoid19 lockdown and have been stitching it.



Sorry about the shadows. I put cutting mats on the floor and crawled along trimming  back the quilt edges ready for binding. Oops! No fabric saved! Once again I have found myself cutting strips of different fabrics used in the quilt to sew together for the binding. I hope it works. My knees have been playing up ever since so I hope the pain goes away before the next quilt has to be done.



I hope you are enjoying some crafty time. I have another project I am soooo wanting to try but that can wait.

Angel Blessings.



8 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea ,oh glad you preservered ,it looks so pretty,love the colours ,well done .
    I love the label you designed,clever you. Your quilt looks wonderful ,hope you have had a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great label, and your scrappy binding is going to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your scarf is looking gorgeous, I have just downloaded the pattern and need to search for some yarn for it....... well done with gardeners journal, I have done that one too but not quilted it....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on persevering with the scarf, it looks lovely, great colours and pattern. You are clever designing a label for your quilt, love a scrappy binding, it will look great. Hope your knees have recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that crochet is lovely....glad it played nice in the end. Great label well done! Love scrappy binding xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ondrea! Your scarf is beautiful and I love your quilt label too! Hope you are keeping well! Hugs Christine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your scarf is gorgeous. Well done on persevering with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful scarf happening, love your label.

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...