Sunday 11 August 2024

FINALLY FRAMED

 

My latest 2 crosstitches have finally been framed. I think I did a better job this time using the lacing method but I did find it a bit difficult to line up everything and keep it straight. The results are not too bad.









I was very excited when my new set of watercolours arrived on Friday. These are better quality than the ones I have been playing with and came with a black pen, brush and pencil as well as a few bookmark sized pieces of watercolour paper. Just perfect for my current newbie needs.





 I couldn't wait to do the swatch card to see how lovely the colours really are. I shall do another swatch on my own  paper to get a better idea how each colour looks more blended from dark to light. 



Earlier last week Darth Vader came to spend the day with us. He sure eats and giggles a lot.




Finding joy in a new hobby, finishing projects, and time spent with my youngest grandson are positive aspects of the past week . Some of the week was a challenge pain-wise but it was good to reflect on the days that were better. 

Which leads me to ask you ....what were the best things about your week? 

6 comments:

  1. Your cross stitch looks wonderful Ondrea, well done. Hope you had a good time with Darth Vader. Hope too your pain has settled. In my week I spent time with Finn, always good to do and spent time in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made a great job of framing your cross stitch pieces, they look great. Little visitors always brighten the day and a new box of paints is just so much fun! A family visit yesterday brightened our week although overall it was a good one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cross stitch looks great in it's frame. It's good that you can focus on the positives in your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Ondrea, and I know you'll enjoy the new paints!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cross stitches look wonderful framed and well done doing them yourself... at embroidery club many outsource theirs at huge expense so I will do any your kind of way. How lovely to have a new set of paints to work with.... fun
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your cross stitch finishes and framing them. You would have felt very safe with Darth Vader around.

    ReplyDelete

STILL NOT MUCH TO SHOW

  I missed a week because I really hadn't achieved much at all. The past week I have had a crook gut so crafty pursuits have been put as...