Friday 19 April 2019

EASTER STITCHING

 I thought the Easter break would bring some peace to my neighbourhood but power tools are buzzing, car radios are blarring and hammering has not ceased. I think it is party time for the holiday neighbours across the road and it seems like there is no real peace in sight so I just have to keep calm and stitch.  I decided to have a little Easter display with little things I have picked up here and there over the years and placed on top of a decorated tea towel I made a few years ago.



A lovely parcel arrived for me during the week from my dear friend,  Jenny.  It seems that my birthday is still happening. A beautifully gift wrapped pressie was inside.


Oh my! Jenny makes and designs the most lovely things and this needle keep is  so pretty.


Munchkin couldn't keep his hands off it and it took some convincing to get him to move so that I could take a pic of the inside .



I have made further progress on my little hand pieced quilt. 3 sections have been stitched  and ironed ready to piece together. I can now see the pattern emerging.


With the above quilt nearly finished( although I have yet to consider how I will hand quilt it), I couldn't resist starting another one which is only 8 1/2  x 121/2. 


Temptation got the better of me and I have ordered 2 crochet projects from the UK.  One is a baby blanket for munchkin #2 who is due early September and the other one is Lucy's new Dune Blanket ( Attic 24) . I love the crochet pattern she has created which looks great both sides. I won't be making a large one but I still ordered the 15 balls of Stylecraft  Specisl DK because I love crocheting with this yarn and can make many more things with the leftovers. Anyone would think I love to crochet! Hehe. 

Many angel hugs and blessings.






4 comments:

  1. Lovely Easrer display Ondrea. Sorry to hear the noise has not abated, maybe tomorrow?? We have the loud neighbours in the house over the back fence for the weekend. Beautiful needle keep, hope the munchkin didn't take it home with him 😊 well done with the mini quilts , they look great. That new pattern and wool from Attic 24 looks lovely, look forward to seeing you make it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the star that is formed in the middle of your little quilt. Looking forward to seeing your new crocheting projects. Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet Easter display. I hear you with the weekend warriors....no peace here either! Gorgeous needlebook from Jenny. Your mini looks fantastic Ondrea. Happy crocheting and Happy Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Easter display is lovely. Hopefully the neighbours quietened down for you. Like you, I'm a sucker for Lucy's projects and am tossing up whether to buy her latest pack. The colours are so pretty. Enjoy the rest of your Easter weekend x

    ReplyDelete

BAT FINISH

                                 I finished the bat. I think some of the threads were thinner as some specks of aida can be seen through the...