Wednesday 21 March 2018

EPP PROGRESS

It seems ages since I last posted and that's because it probably is.  I have been struggling with the Kaleidoscope block but have been piecing it despite the awful mess I made of the fussy cutting.

 
 
To get me back on track I decided to start making the EPP blocks for the "Queen of Prep Folder" that I purchased from Shiralee Stitches. I found this fussy cutting to be far less stressful and also realised that using a glue pen was essential for realigning miscalculations rather than undoing thread basting. However, my discovery was short lived when I had to refill the pen. It was a hot day and as I was inserting the new glue stick it melted and broke off. I have yet to buy more refills so there is still a lot of thread basting happening. These fabrics are not my usual taste but they were in the kit and it is nice to try something a bit different occasionally.
 
 
Last week I made a spontaneous decision to go and visit my youngest daughter for a few days up town. She was home for the week after resigning from her very stressful job so we had a wonderful time catching up. On Tuesday we went into the city which I haven't visited for at least a decade. I wanted to see the famous L'uccello vintage haberdashery store while I was there . I must admit I was a little disappointed as I thought there would be more things but I did find some fabrics. I love the old fashioned paper bag .
 
 
I hope you are having some lovely stitching days.
 
Angel Blessings.
 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea good to hear from you my friend. I am loving your fussy cut projects I can't see anything wrong with your first one ,I think you are very clever,glad you got to spend some time with your daughter,love your purchases from Lucello xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have done a wonderful job with your blocks. Glad you had a lovely time with your DD xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your daughter is able to find herself a less stressful job Ondrea.
    Your EPP looks great, what bad luck about the glue stick... interesting to read about your visit to Lucello, given that any other time I've read about it, people are mad in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More lovely handwork.....I admire your patience. It is nice to getaway for a few days and see something different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. occassionally I need to unglue and reglue a fussy cut piece........just makes the pattern work better.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fussy cutting looks fine to me..have you found some more refills for the glue?? L'uccello's is a small place, I was underwhelmed on my first visit, but they do have some beautiful things. Hope things go well,for your daughter now.

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...