Monday 9 September 2024

STILL NOT MUCH TO SHOW

 

I missed a week because I really hadn't achieved much at all. The past week I have had a crook gut so crafty pursuits have been put aside apart from starting a watercolour on Saturday which requires a couple more sessions to complete. I did do a bit more of the Pikachu crosstitch. It is only small so it is frustrating that I haven't already framed it by now. 




Remember my battle with the naughty bird pulling my seedlings out 3 times? I just removed the chicken wire at the weekend so I can actually see the lovely blooms now that they are established.




The wire also protected the plants a bit from the awful high winds we have had, so that is why I left it on a while longer.

My eldest daughter always comes up with great ideas to make birthday cakes each year for my grandsons. She usually uses a theme of whatever they are into at the time . It was my youngest grandson's 5th birthday recently so she decided to create a Batman cake. 





I think my girls were deprived as I never made many birthday cakes for them , certainly nothing as elaborate as my daughter has made each year. Some mums I knew made cakes from the Womans Weekly Birthday Cake books but not me. How about you?

This morning I finished the 5th and last book in a series I have really enjoyed reading. I think I shall look for more series this author has written.




                                         Happy crafting! 

5 comments:

  1. The cross stitch will be finished when you are ready to finish it, no need to beat yourself up, get better and then have a go! The pansies look wonderful, I like Anna Jacobs books too. I made the boys many cakes from the Woman's Weekly birthday cake book, not as professional looking as your daughters efforts though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you have not been feeling so good Ondrea - the little cross stitch piece is growing though. Lovely pansies and what an amazing cake! Hope you have a better week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to be doing the rounds. I hope you're feeling much better now. Wow! Cool cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope that you are feeling better. Pretty dish of pansies. Your daughter did a great job on the cake. I made my kids birthday cakes from the WW Birthday cookbook as most 80's mum did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better and stronger each day... the batman cake is fantastic...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

STILL NOT MUCH TO SHOW

  I missed a week because I really hadn't achieved much at all. The past week I have had a crook gut so crafty pursuits have been put as...