Monday 20 March 2023

OOPS


Oops...I miscalculated the amount of left over yarns in my stash for my grandson's green blanket. Now I have come to a stand still until more yarn arrives that I ordered yesterday. I still have a few ends to sew in so some progress shall be made. Here is the blanket so far. 



 

I crocheted the 1st large block of my other crochet in progress . Instructions for this block required turning it to the wrong side to crochet some rounds but I cannot work out why. Any experienced crocheters out there know why? 




All 9 blocks of my quilt have been finished. 7 appliqued and 2 plain patchwork.



When I was sorting out the fabrics for the sashings I realised that they are all very busy patterns and I think the over all quilt really needs some plainer fabrics to make the blocks stand out. I have already decided to do plain borders instead of the busy patchwork borders but it looks like I need to find somewhere to shop for some fabrics, something I haven't done since the pandemic. A lot of quilt shops have closed down here so I shall need to shop online or go to Spotlight.  Wish me luck! 


5 comments:

  1. It looks like you have enough to keep you busy while waiting for the green yarn to arrive. I have a friend who does crochet and for some reason she also turns her blocks around but does not know why either. I am sure someone can shed some light on it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Grandson's blanket is looking great Ondrea and I hope the new yarn arrives quickly. Great progress on your other projects too! Have a lovely week. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of things going on :-)) yipp, I always have them too :-) Your crochet work looks very nice... have fun with it. I think it's perfectly fine how you crochet the blocks. But I'm curious if anyone has a flash idea...
    Good luck with the fabric search for your quilt... I'm sewing a blouse top... sewing is fun - sewing puts you in a good mood :-))
    Many greetings to you from Viola.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seeing a couple of crocheters today and I will try and remember to ask. I agree some plain fabric with your blocks is a good idea - happy shopping...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the new wool arrives soon for you. I cant answer your turning around question sorry. Plain fabric sounds good, for your borders. I called into Spotlight last Thursday, they had 50% off everything I bought! Bonus!!

    ReplyDelete

A LITTLE PROGRESS

  Summer finally arrived here yesterday. We are in the 2nd week of autumn , had no summer during actual summer apart from less than a handfu...