Tuesday 29 November 2022

WHAT TO DO NOW

 

 The Eastern Jewels journey has been a little challenging but I am so pleased I persevered and finally nailed it! Yey! I added the final border 2 nights ago and this is the end result...




It is a bit scrunchy as I haven't done anything to straighten it out. My daughter took the next pic of me holding it up and it looks a but stretchy in this one.




                  So, that is my scrunchy stretchy blankie.

I haven't been reading as much lately due to catching a bug from my grandson. I was laid low for a couple of days ( but still had to keep the household running) and it  has been 10 days and I am still not 100% . My throat was so sore I couldn't talk much or eat a lot and I developed a bit of a cough and the throat is still a bit sore.  My daughter still has it after 2 weeks , her mother in law now has it and so does my hubby who is hacking quite loudly day and night. He has it worse than I did ( ??????) I usually get over things in a couple of days but this bug sure wants to hang on. Anyhoo, I did finish a book I borrowed from mum.




Now I am feeling at a loss not having any crochet to do. Looks like I had best get back to finishing the hand quilting I put aside.


8 comments:

  1. Your blanket is really beautiful. The colours are fabulous and you have made such a great job of the crochet. I hope you all feel better soon. It is horrid when bugs hang around for a long time. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. Hope you are feeling better soon and find that next project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket is just lovely.... yes I feel the same when I have finished a long project... what next?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow first I thought this was a mini quilt. Then I thought wow love your quilt. Then to see it’s an Afghan. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's an absolutely beautiful blanket. I have loved watching your progress. It won't be long before you can start the new Attic 24 CAL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Ondrea - it is a beautiful finish. So glad you held it up as it reveals the true scale of the project. Just lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on a wonderful finish, I didn't realise how big the blanket was, looks so different being held up.

    ReplyDelete

A LITTLE PROGRESS

  Summer finally arrived here yesterday. We are in the 2nd week of autumn , had no summer during actual summer apart from less than a handfu...