Sunday 7 August 2022

MISSED A WEEK

 

I missed blogging last week and nearly didn't blog this weekend as I really haven't done anything. I have had some sort of bug, not quite a cold, but sort of. Really weird. It started 11 days ago when I had a sore throat and lost my voice. Each night I develop a cough and can't clear my sinuses or chest. No runny nose to speak of. I lost my voice again on Thursday and  have done 3 RATs over this time but we know how inaccurate they can be and PCRs are hard to get down here if you don't have their criteria of symptoms. Ofcourse, household chores, washing and cooking still had to be done between resting periods. So, this is all I have done...


Finished hand quilting another block . It isn't wonky like the pic , just the way the quilt is draped. 




I have cut fabric for 2 borders of my little Civil War quilt that I had to alter. I only have enough of 2 fabrics to cut borders from as I no longer know where to buy my Civil War fabrics and had to use whatever I had. It is risky business for me using fabric with lines of pattern as I find it difficult to line them up properly and keep straight. We shall see what happens lol. 



Another book  has been read, the 2nd one by this Aussie author .




I hope you are all well and enjoying some stitching. I shall catch up with your blog posts soon.


5 comments:

  1. I hope you start to feel better soon. Your block is really cute. Is it a Bronwyn Hayes design?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling much better soon. Your little stitchery is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending heal wishes...there are a lot of nasty viruses circulating at present. Another sweet stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you are much better soon Ondrea. Seems to be lots of bugs around at present. Lovely block with your stitchery. You can get Civil War fabrics at Lizzies in Geelong, maybe one day we can go there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say the book looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete

CROSSTITCHING

  I have enjoyed more stitching time making my tree of hearts bloom and grow.  Now that I have found a way of rediscovering my stitching moj...