Sunday 28 November 2021

OLD AND NEW PROJECTS

 

While I am sticking to my vow to complete UFOs this year I am also starting small quick projects that I know I will finish and will not end up adding to my UFO pile.  There was some happy dancing this week when a parcel arrived from HanneMADE in the UK. Anne Brooke's designs caught my eye when I saw them on a blogger friend's post a while ago. One's own creativity is encouraged with these embroideries and I have discovered some new stitches on the enclosed cards. 


                  I fell in love with this magnificent hare.




In my last post I forgot to show the 2 pillowslips I made for my grandsons. The 2 year old loves Paw Patrol and they both love Bluey . Unfortunately, trying to place the directional fabric the right way scrambled my brain and Paw Patrol ended up facing the wrong way. I don't think it will really matter in the whole scheme of things.




One of my UFOs is another little Civil War quilt I started quite a while ago. 2 days ago I found all the pieces cut and labelled, some already hand stitched together and I had pieced a lot of the small half  triangle rows. However, I remembered why I had stopped stitching this project...something was awry with the small half square triangles , they did not fit properly when I hand stitched them to the large half square triangles. So, I sat down with the graph I had made to cut the templates , scratched my head, walked away, scratched my head again and I still couldn't work out how I messed it up. I was so frustrated I just thought I would throw it all away and move on to the next UFO. Last night I came to my senses and simply unpicked all the blocks. 



Rather than give up on the whole project I have decided to just piece the large half square blocks together and put the rows of smaller hsts in my stash for another little quilt one day.

Have you ever had a comedy movie moment? Yesterday I was making myself a smoothie for lunch as usual. I had put the almond milk, fruit , yogurt and macca powder in the blender and spilt the LSA when I was adding it. I thought I would clean up the mess off the bench and blender and during this process I must have knocked the ON button. Well, the blender spewed everything over me, the sink, the wall, the stove, the bench and on the framed embroidery I have on the wall. All I could do was laugh. Needless to say, I am still finding smoothie in places I never thought it would reach. While using my mini iron to press the afore mentioned blocks I managed to burn my fingers! 

Well, I am about to make a smoothie for my lunch now rather more cautiously  and I shall keep away from the iron. An afternoon of embroidery preparation is ahead.

Stay safe.





6 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Thanks for my morning laugh - glad you found it funny too. What a mess though. I love that little embroidery and nice pillows. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear.... I think we have all had those comical moments! Hope today's smoothie is less amusing!! Enjoy your new embroideries, I am sure you will!! Have a fabulous week! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing your magic worked on those new stitcheries. Working with directional prints is a pain. Just after we were married hubs decided to use the new blender needless to say the ceiling wore banana smoothie. He kept well away from the blender after that episode.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops with the blender but how funny.... I have done the same thing with pumpkin soup!! those new stitcheries will be gorgeous, and well done with the pillowcases.. they will be much loved...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Ondrea! Take care...those blenders can have a mind of their own. ;-) I once dropped a container of beetroot in the kitchen and it splattered everywhere, even through the adjoining laundry. My family stood in utter astonishment when I burst out laughing...and I laughed and laughed. I just thought this had to be as bad as it gets so laugh and don't cry. LOL!!
    Love that little hare. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear Ondrea, I had the same thing a few years ago with plum sauce, the hand blender found a stray pip and we had sauce everywhere!! I didn't laugh that day. Hope todays smoothie was more successful. Take care with your fingers too! That hare stitchery is beautiful. Those tiny HSQ's will do anyones head in, so sad they didn't fit after all that sewing.

    ReplyDelete

CROSSTITCHING

  I have enjoyed more stitching time making my tree of hearts bloom and grow.  Now that I have found a way of rediscovering my stitching moj...