Sunday 24 March 2019

CROCHET AND PATCHWORK


Oh dear! I have not kept up to date with the weekly link up of The Art of Gentle Domesticity but I am still enjoying the book. I have been crocheting and stitching and love the progress of my little quilt.  I have been inspired to make a smaller one and have everything prepared ready to start any time. Here is my progress of the current one. 8 rows stitched and the 1st 2 rows pieced together.



I am not happy with the crocheted baby blanket as I don't really like the sheen of the yarn and it doesn't look as nice as the Stylecraft Special DK  . I was going to cease crocheting this one but I have decided to keep going and see what it looks like when I add the borders. There are 4 new colours coming in the SSDK yarn and 3 of them will look lovely for a baby blanket so I am thinking of purchasing them when they are released . If you want a sneak peek you can visit Attic 24 where Lucy introduces them.


I finished another book by one of my favourite Australian authors.



Angel  Blessings.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea your mini quilt is coming along nicely and I think the crochet baby blanket looks so pretty hope you have had a lovely weekend my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little blocks are amazing. I think your blanket is lovely but you have to be happy with it. Did you enjoy the book?

    ReplyDelete

CROSSTITCHING

  I have enjoyed more stitching time making my tree of hearts bloom and grow.  Now that I have found a way of rediscovering my stitching moj...