Saturday 22 December 2018

IT STARTED WITH...


....a Christmas dish . After a massive clean up last week and the adrenalin still pumping I just couldn't wind down. I was sitting on my sofa looking at the Christmas dish I had placed on the coffee table. It is silver, white and gold . Well, my mind started whizzing and I remembered that I had a couple of Christmas fat quarters in those colours. So what did I do? I went straight into my sewing room, found the fabrics and proceeded to cut them into strips , piece them together, make the back using some of the left over fabrics and machine quilted it in one go! Woohooo! I thought I would have enough scraps left to make the binding but, alas, I was proven to be incorrect. Hmmmm, dilemma. By this time it was one a.m so I thought I would retire for the evening, (or morning), and work out what to do the next day. Luckily I found some suitable fabric in my stash, not quite what I wanted but it did the trick. Voila! A Christmas table topper. As usual, I am not a good ironer as you can see.


 
 
I tried a different mandala design during the week. All it needs is a press and a hoop.
 
 
 
 
The big clean up is still happening, in fact I cleaned up my sewing room again today. I emptied 2 plastic containers which I can now use for other things and threw out other stuff I had put aside. After  a vacuum  I am doing the happy dance. Now for the cupboards.
 
Have a lovely weekend a wonderful Christmas.
 
Angel Blessings.

3 comments:

  1. Love the table runner, you sure are charging along with the clean up! And then have energy for sewing too! The mandala is great, you will have a display wall of mandalas soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bowl was made for your pretty runner. It feels very therapeutic to have a clean out every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty....well done! Your mandala is beautiful. Merry Christmas to you and your family too Ondrea xx

    ReplyDelete

BAT FINISH

                                 I finished the bat. I think some of the threads were thinner as some specks of aida can be seen through the...