Tuesday 28 August 2018

WHAT A HOOT!


 With OPAM time coming up I thought it was going to be another month passing by without any finished projects. So, yesterday I decided to get stuck into completing the table runner which was to go with the coasters I had finished by hand. As you know, I am better at hand stitching than machine sewing but my pointer finger and thumb on my right hand ,( my sewing fingers), are getting quite arthritic and my pointer finger not only has that distinctive stitching bend in it but now has knobbly joints. Thus my attempt, once again, to machine quilt in straight lines. Well, I didn't bother attaching the walking foot this time so the quilting is a bit odd but acceptable. I did run off the lines a couple of times too. I figure that the runner is for me so I am not that concerned. If it was a gift I would not be so happy. My munchkin is going to loooove the owls. Grandma's house is full of them and he loves finding them all each time he comes here.


 
 
Today I prepared a couple of wool felt Christmas decos to stitch and have started the red robin.
 
 
 
 
I am starting to gradually work my way through my WIPs and projects that I have ready to grab and go. My angel quilt has not been forgotten but I need to get back on my sewing machine to do it.
 
Thankyou for stopping by. By the way, does anyone know how to get the date right on my blog? It keeps coming up the day before. Gremlins again.
 
Angel Blessings.

5 comments:

  1. Well done on the table runner, looks fantastic! The Munchkin will be very happy finding new owls. The little decos are very cute too. The date should be on the right hand side as you are doing a post, is it saying the right date there? Other than that I am not sure sorry Ondrea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the owl runner and coasters. Very cute Christmas ornies on the go there x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilting looks good to me from where I am sitting. I love your owl fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The runner and coasters are sooo sweet!! And they look perfect to me :) I am sure they will be well loved! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ondrea wow your finishes are so cute,love the placemat and coasters and i can see Corben enjoying eating his lunch on there,well done my friend.
    Ondrea go into your machine settings and there should be one that says Language and time ,fix it from there. Hope you have a wonderful week my friend xx

    ReplyDelete

SANITY STITCHING

  Twelve months ago my mum broke her hip playing table tennis and I had weeks of hospital visits to assist my dad to. Well, almost a year to...